Thursday, January 12, 2012

what to expect

What should you expect when you book a session with Fly Away Home Photography? First, I will find out a little bit about you...how many people you would like in the session, and the theme of the shoot (family, baby, first birthday, senior, engagement, maternity). We'll talk about a variety of locations depending on what sort of look you want, urban, rural, park, etc. I love to hear your ideas! And I want you to have fun! If you have a location in mind I have never been to before, I always visit it before your session to take test shots and get a sense of the location, the lighting available and gather some ideas for the session.

Typically, we'll spend about 60-90 minutes photographing and I do shoot a lot of pictures...on average about 500. Of course, there will be photos where someone has her eyes closed or one of the kids was crying...and that is why I shoot a lot of photos! The editing process can take 5-8 hours, as I do view each and every photo to choose the very best 30-50 images to present to you in the online gallery on my website Fly Away Home Photography. Typically, I aim to have your photos available in one week. Because if you are like me, you don't want to wait to see photos! I post a sneak peak on my Facebook page within two days of your session, and you are free to tag yourself in the photos and use those for your profile picture. (Please do not crop out the watermark or otherwise copy the photos from Facebook.)

Photos are posted in the gallery for three weeks. You can also choose to come to my home to view your photos in a large-screen format on my iMac. You can order your prints in two ways, either directly through the website or through me by emailing or calling me to place your order. I offer custom collages in two sizes: you can choose the photos for a collage and I will send you proofs to approve before an order is placed. Your prints will arrive within a week after ordering!

No comments:

Post a Comment